Re: Colette and the $100 budget

---------

From: Jerry & Mary B (gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 06:14:56 PDT

Great Idea Mark! I'm going to keep that in mind as each year they keep
cutting my budget. Although I'm no where near Collete's situation. I
think it is great that people are pitching in to help. I just hope her
district does not take advantage of this situation and think they can
keep the budget low and others will take care of the problem instead of
the district. I've seen it at times where you do more and admins. will
take advantage of you or the situation. I hope all works out well.
Getting the parents involved and upset could be the key to a long term fix.
MaryB

Mark Alexander wrote:

> When student teaching, my supervising teacher made a tongue-in-cheek
> suggestion to assist in increasing art supply budgets. She said that
> she'd have a "save paper bags for the art program" campaign. With all
> the student artwork done on paper bags going home, parent pressure
> would help increase the budget. She also said she'd make charcoal for
> the students to draw with-creating a smoky charcoal fire right outside
> the administration's offices. Might work....good luck.
> Mark

---