Re: Help Colette - (repeat)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 06:08:43 PDT

Boy - I really botched up my last post....so here are the corrections:

> Colette has 120 students - 7th and 8th graders - all year long.
> Any one still wanting to join in the "Help Colette" campaign- reply to me
> (Jdecker@woh.rr.com). I have asked Colette to get back with when she can
on
> what kind of supplies she needs most --- and also what kind of supplies
she
> doesn't need. Let's really show Colette what kind of sharing group we can
> be.

> Send me your snail mail addresses (OFF LIST) so I can get them out to
> Colette. I am sure she will want to thank you all personally.

To refresh your memory - Colette is the middle school teacher who posted she
had to survive next year with a budget of only $100 -- for the entire
year!!! We all know that is outrageous. "We" offered her lots of fundraising
ideas -- and several "art-on-a-thread" ideas.....but she still is going to
have to have something to start off her year. Sax fall sale catalog may help
some. I am just glad they did not cut ART. We all know ART is the most
important subject in school. This summer, we can put our heads together and
come up with more budget stretching ideas. There really are lots of neat
ideas that can be done with grocery paper bags (Aboriginal bark paintings -
Tapa cloth designs - Adinkra stamps - etc).

Judy

---