a plea for prayers!

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 18 2003 - 18:55:49 PDT

Hi, Everyone,

I hesitated posting this, but after writing a couple other e-mails, I
just had to ask. I know that some of you do not like it when personal
stories come up on the list, but, I know that there are some of you that
don't mind. I'm asking those of you that are bothered, to excuse my
use of the list for this purpose, but I need as many prayers as possible.

My very dear, dear friend called me very late last night desperate to
ask for my prayers for her daughter-in-law, her son, and their new baby,
Ian Hunter. Her daughter-in-law, Jen, delivered Ian last Wednesday,
C-section and a little early. All was okay until Thursday afternoon and
Jen became very ill. To make a long story short, her liver is failing.
 She has been through a massive amount of tests and they can't find out
what is wrong. Ian was doing well, but now has elevated enzyme levels
in his blood and has been transferred back to the NICU for close
observation. He may have to be transported to Children's Hospital.
Young mom is so weak, she can't hold her baby. My friend's son, Jason,
is beside himself. While all of this is going on, Jen's mother suffered
a gall bladder attack in the hospital while with Jen and was rushed into
surgery this morning to operate on her gall bladder and small bowel
obstruction!

This family is so dear to ours. Jason and his little sister were 5 and
6 when they stood in my driveway all morning for hours waiting for my
husband to bring me and our son home from the hospital. When we lived
in Pennsylvania the kids spent every Christmas morning with our kids
opening presents. When they married, they brought their significant
other and black labs! And, now, Jason is in total fear of losing his
wife and baby! I want to help them so badly, but feel totally
helpless, if you can understand. In situations like this, all I can do
is pray. If you are so inclined, please add them to your own prayer list.

Thank you, sincerely,

Sandy

---