Re: last minute notice

---------

From: jane mary (mjart49_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 18 2003 - 16:46:25 PDT

I grew up and recieved my art degree in New York State. I always looked up to N.Y. as a leader in education. Teaching in Pa. now , it is scary to hear this happening so close. So often Pa. follows suit to N.Y. in what they do. I feel sorry for you. This is a fear we live with constantly. So far we have been o.k. in my district. It all depends on the leadership and what they feel is important. Good luck. MJ
MJHadley
>From: lindwood@webtv.net
>To: "ArtsEdNet Talk"
>Subject: Re: last minute notice
>Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 08:04:47 -0500 (CDT)
>
>It's truly heartbreaking to see this happening to so many teachers and
>children. I feel so sorry for you all, and for the state that our
>country is in economically. It's really scary. The arts have never
>been more needed. I can't imagine the sour feeling in your stomach as
>you flick on your classroom lights in the morning knowing you have no
>job next year and pondering your fate. It's hard enough to teach at
>the end of the year under the best o circumstances. Something good just
>has to happen for all of these wonderfully giving and talented teachers.
>
>Linda
>

>---

MSN 8 helps ELIMINATE E-MAIL VIRUSES. Get 2 months FREE*. ---