Re: product question tap and glue cap

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 18 2003 - 14:39:31 PDT

I've been working with my little ones on closing the bottles and wiping them
off. I tried to convince them that it's great fun to pick the glue off your
fingers, but some aren't convinced! *L* As for the glue scribbling, I made a
big deal out of "NO SQUISHIES". Squishies are ugly and they stick to other
stuff and they are no fun to have around. Most of the kids really understood
this idea and would ask for paper towels if they got a squishey, so they are
more aware anyways.
~Michal

> The biggest problem I had with glue is the tops being left open, because
those
> are the ones that won't be breathing next time we need them. For that I
guess
> I needed to assign a student glue checker.
> As far as over usage/underusage of glue goes, well, we all learned to say
"dot
> dot not a lot" in kinder, but that is hard to live by. I still see a lot
of
> glue scribbling or collage art where the edges didn't get glued, so pieces
are
> flapping. Maybe another song and dance?
> Susan

---