Refinish wood table tops

---------

From: Jean Gallagher (jeanalice2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 18 2003 - 13:01:43 PDT

    My art room has large(3x4 feet) wood top tables. The wood is
unusual, it looks like a block of compressed sawdust. No telling how
old these tables are, most probably ancient :)
    Over the years the tops have become stained with paint, markers etc
plus there are gash marks from cutting into the tables.
    Any suggestions on how to best remove the stains, what to use to
easily sand away the gash marks and what to seal the top with for a
durable finish. I don't want to use paint.
    Any help is greatly appreciated, this site has the best resource
advice!
     Thanks Jean in Michigan

---