Re: [ArtsEducators] Fun color activity - now online on IAD

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 18 2003 - 12:48:00 PDT

I have a lesson that is similiar that I thought I had on my site, but seems
I've overlooked this one. You take a cardboard design circle (pizza round)
and find the exact center. Color with markers creating a design. I have
students predict what will happen when you place 2 colors together. When
they are done coloring I place a brad in them so the flat part of the brad
is on the opposite side of the colors. Students can then place these on the
table and spin them. The colors change and students are always fascinated by
the mixing colors. I do these with 3rd grade. I should have time tomorrow to
put this online.
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> Juli's color spinner lesson was so popular that I now have it online:
> http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/spinners-Juli.htm
>
> Linked from Middle School lessons. I think elementary students would have
> fun with it too. I also included the information that Deb Sterner posted
> about Thaumatropes (at the end of the Juli's lesson).

---