Re: Setting up a new art room?

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 18 2003 - 12:35:20 PDT

I thought I was getting a new room with the passing of our bond - instead we
got one of the largest gymansiums in the state - definately larger than any
other 1A gym! But, some of the things I asked for with the renovations (and
got)-
* student storage space - both for flat work as well as 3-D
* sinks with clay traps
* NO carpet! I actually had to fight this one!
* lots of cabinets for art supplies (locking)
* Book shelves
 I share one classroom (primary) with the music teacher (fantastic
arrangement for both of us). One room (intermediate) I did share with the
Title 1 teacher, now it is my own, and the MS/HS room is mine alone. I wish
I had better display areas in all 3 rooms - now I hot glue or sticky tack
everything to the walls. All 3 rooms are adequate for my needs. There are
some things I would improve upon, but I'm happy with what I have.
~Michal

> Does anyone remember when we had the thread on designing a new art room? I
> would like to direct Christine to the Getty archives.....Below is her post
> to ArtsEducators if anyone wants to respond. I will forward to her.
> (She is going to help Colette - so I am helping her) ~ Judy
>
> >From Christine T cbranyik@sk.sympatico.ca
>
> Our school is being given a major renovation and in the process a couple
> things have happened: I get a brand new room, but it has to be used as a
> regular classroom when there is no art class going on. (1/2 time)

---