Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

clay modeling

From: Norberto Navarro (nnavarrojr_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 17 2003 - 21:20:57 PDT

Hi Everyone,

I recently picked up Bruno Lucchesi's "Modeling The
Figure in Clay" and noticed he reinforces armatures
with higher gauge wires. He also uses water based
I actually have oil based plasticine, "artist
sculpture wire" and was wondering if any hardware
store aluminum wire would do the trick as I like the
idea of reinforcing the armature with higher gauge

Anything I should know about working with oil based
clay instead of water-based? I will be mostly creating
anatomical studies and busts.

All the best,

Do you Yahoo!?