Re: re-hired!!!...fantastic, Bunki

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 17 2003 - 18:37:12 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: Kathy Tickner <ktickner@byron.k12.ca.us>
> Hey, all...........Well, nothing like my district waiting until the last
> minute.........I had my pink-slip pulled, and I have a job for next year!
> But, a bittersweet victory, as, I have lost my elementary program (2nd
> through 5th gr.), and have been hired only at the Middle School, 6th -8th
> grade, fulltiime. So, as it was difficult going to 4 schools, I will be
> glad to be only at one, with one classroom to take care of, rather than 4
> classrooms!!! But, they will not be replacing the art program or the music
> program at the elementary level, so that is definitely a loss. I fear a
> whole generation of atrophied-artists to come up the ranks in a few
> years..........
> Why does glory and success always come with pain and a price?
> KathyTickner
> Excelsior Middle School, Byron CA
*********************

Hi! Glad you're still in the game! Middle school and one room is not bad!
You were such a fabulous elem. art teacher though...it's such a shame.
You'll sure see the difference in a few years when those non-art elem. kids
start appearing at your doorstep when they reach 6th grade like they do
here. Even the PARENTS are attuned to art being just fun and slappin' crayon
on paper. Everyone learns a new tune when they finally reach me! You'll see.
I'm just happy you will be teaching art! We can't afford to lose good art
teachers like YOU.

BTW...I know this is short notice but I'm having a few middle school art
teachers coming to my room after school Monday to share ideas. There are a
couple of new mid. school art teachers, another close friend of mine who
teaches art on the other side of Danville, and a mid. school art teacher who
teaches in Moraga/Layfette (and is on our listserv...Lois Mead). I had
thought about you earlier but knew you taught elem. art so thought you'd
might not want to come. NOW that you're going to be a mid. art teacher, you
might want to "share" too. Wanna come? It's in my room (you know where that
is) and will start around 3:30/3:45. Can you leave school early Monday?
Say...take 1/2 day sick leave? There'll be 5 of us (6 if you come) to share
ideas and bring samples. Anyway.....please think about it. All of the
teachers coming are REALLY friendly and like to share.

Hope to see you. Maybe we can share dinner too if you come. Toodles....Bunki

---