Sharon...here are demos & examples of mine...PAINTING

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 17 2003 - 06:53:19 PDT

In addition to my advice Sharon on getting kids freed up in their
painting...here are some links to discussions I've had with artists on this
topic, plus...some examples of my own student's painting efforts put up
before artists online to critic and encourage. These students of mine are
not advanced...and for most their very first effort painting. Feel free to
use them as examples.

Does Busyness or Lots of Detail Make a Better Landscape Painting?
http://tinyurl.com/bzl4

Erin's first landscape acrylic- (this piece won best of show for our eight
district conference student art show this year; looked wonderful framed! I
order my frames from La Tourettes Gallery online as galleries have a 300%
mark up)
http://tinyurl.com/bzl6

Sean's first landscape acrylic- http://tinyurl.com/bzld

Zack's first effort in acrylics- http://tinyurl.com/bzlk

Alicia's second effort- http://tinyurl.com/bzlm

Shanna's second acrylic (Ind. student) she worked from a reference photo she
took while out west this past summer-
http://tinyurl.com/bzlz

Here is a WIP (work in progress) explaining how I do quick watercolors on
location. A number of artists wanted such information from me.
http://tinyurl.com/bzle

This is a WIP...of large work of mine, intended to help me work out some
potential challenges prior to my taking such large canvases out of doors. I
was inspired by the works of Buck County Impressionist Edward Redfield (of
late 1800's into 1900's) who painted 50" x 56" canvases alla prima plein air
(all in one day). Imagine lugging these canvases afield. He tied them to
trees while he worked. I accomplished this piece in about four hours
time...so I think I'm ready to take it afield here in NE Wisconsin and give
it a go! Students will even see how I asked what other artists thought
about a tree I wanted to put in...and then later took out-
http://tinyurl.com/bzlt

Finally...one of me working outdoors in winter, painting a bog refuge
standing in snow. Only had about an hour of light, and did this 12" x 16"
in oils. It has definite abstract qualities to it, yet it definitely
represented the scene. A person that holds to tracing and copying would
find themselves ill prepared to attempt anything like this!
http://tinyurl.com/bzm5

hope you and everyone else will find these of interest and possibly useful!

take care,

My website, featuring both my artistic and musical personalities-
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org
http://www.absolutearts.com/portfolios/l/lseiler/

Member of NAPPAP-
http://nappap.org
"Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do!"
Edgar Degas

---