A Note About File Sharing

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 17 2003 - 06:03:28 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Many of you have figured out by now that I am testing the popularity of
various lessons that come to me by offering them first as a file attachment.
I enjoy sending files out....and it is less time consuming than putting them
on the web site. Juli's color spinners will definitely be added (I have
asked her to see about getting permission to use the kids photos as they add
so much to the plan...Anyone else submitting plans with kids photos - I DO
need parent permission to put online). What I would like all to do who get a
list member file - regardless of the list they belong to - is send a
personal thank you to that list member. I will be sure to include it in my
forwarded message to you. It is funny that so many of us get too busy to
send a simple "Thank you" - just those words is often enough (I put them in
the subject line too in case they don't have time to open their mail). So
many of our list members get tired of sharing when they don't know that
their work is appreciated. Let us do everything we can to insure sharing
continues.....Maybe when you get a plan -- look at your own files and see
what you have to offer in return (summer is good for me if you don't have
time to forward a plan now. If not a plan - then maybe an assessment tool --
or a discipline plan --Internet lesson -- something that may help another
teacher).

For those of you who were sent Ken Schwab's plans Bicyclken@aol.com. I
thanked him each time I sent them out (let him know they were shared). But I
bet he would like some feedback from you too.

Later - this summer - I will post list member names of all who have
contributed plans to Incredible Art Department - and I will include email
address so anyone who uses a plan - or intends to use a plan can give a word
of thanks....They all know how much I appreciate them.

When I joined ArtsEdNet Talk - my assignment was to POST a plan and get a
plan from a list member.....and I have been sharing ever since. I will be
out of town today for anyone else requesting files -- so I will forward
tomorrow.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
http://www.incredibleart.tk

P.S. What bothers me even more is when folks send things out snail mail -
pay the postage themselves - and hear nothing back from the recipient...
That sure would make me think twice before I offered to mail anything out
again.....I don't know how some of you keep on doing it. I have had to
change my own personal policy of mailing things out.

---