Re: MS budget $100 for year

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 20:05:07 PDT

Collette -

I'm currently tyring to re-evaluate my personal
expendatures because I spent more than my school did
this year...

Some of the least expensive things that I did with my
students that came out pretty successfully were:

Paper mache bowls (we used balloons and attached cups
or bowls to create a pedestal base)

contour drawings on black construction paper using
construction paper crayons Jazzy looking music
instruments)

printmaking using stryofoam (these actually came out
better than the linoleum ones and took a lot less
time) I ended up buying the stryofoam packaging from
Sam's at the last minute for a class that was to wild
to trust with lino cuttets - they were about $7 - $8

tesselations - this was my first attempt ever and it
went well. You'd be surprised how many 6th grade
studens don't know how to measure and make straight
lines, muchless a grid though.

I also did a box project based on Marisol Escobar's
work and a diptych using donated mat board, glue and
ink and foil. I will work on sharing them as soon as
school is out...5 more days!!!!

My colleague is very thrifty - she has the students
bring in things like paper towels,kleenex, foil etc,
for extra credit or some other token economy type
thing.

Good thread!
Good luck!

Dawn