non-objective drawings with frames

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 16:40:13 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
From: Larry Prescott <larrcott@yahoo.com>

Are the frames rendered in colored pencil or are they made from cut
construction paper or another material?
Also, about how large is the entire square?
Thanks, Larry
Hi. This lesson was shared with me by Ken Schwab "Bicyclken@aol.com" who did
it with his high schoolers. Yes...the frames were cut by the students out of
colored const. paper which went with their individual color scheme. I made
diff. sized round templates out of tagboard so it was easy to draw the
correct size of the circle on the const. paper. The const. paper was cut
12"x12" and the work fit behind the frame and the circle-cut was diameter of
10". Some students has to cut twice because they did shoddy cutting the
first go-round.

As an aside...my kids can do fabulous work but ask them to cut a frame with
scissors and they whack away at the edges making a mess. Really stumps me
why! Toodles....Bunki

---