Re: ideas

---------

From: Michele Berlin (stardust606_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 14:48:31 PDT

Just as a point of information, artists, illustrators especially, have
been using opaque projectors for years. Norman Rockwell even has a
picture of him using it! I was taught to use it in college. However,
what needs to be stressed is to learn how to draw first, before relying
on a machine. That is how it was taught to me. I use it to get the
basics down on a canvas. After I am done, I go over it adding my style
to it and making sure the drawing itself doesn't look flat.
I have used the projector on occasion when I am more interested in
stressing a technique, using the previous paragraph's speech to the
students. There is nothing wrong with a projector as long as you teach
them not to use it as a crutch.
Michele

Marand10@aol.com wrote:

> OH MY.....what was that retired art teacher thinking!!!! Opaque
> projector copying....YIKES.....I thought our art world has progressed
> much farther than that! They ought to get rid of any art educator
> that uses anything closely related to the practices you listed.

---