Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: MS budget $100 for year

From: Ricardo Ramirez (rramirez2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 09:58:25 PDT

This is ridiculous....If you do not get any more funding, ask PTA or
write a grant to the PTA for extra cash. Ask the art coordiantor in
your district for more money and especially, make a wish list for Open
House on the bulletin board...parents will volunteer to help. Open an
art activity account and put any monetary donations in it from parents.
It is unfortunate for you to have to go through these extra endeavors to
support your program!

>>> 05/16/03 10:04AM >>>

I was recently told that my budget for supplies will probably be about
for next year. This is for 6, 7th and 8th grade. About 120 students a
every day all year. I am not allowed to charge a fee for my classes.
I started here this year I had crayons, some markers and construction
  So I don't have any supplies to fall back on.

I was thinking about a Square One fundraiser, but I teach a very poor
population. I am afraid that the parents would't order anything.

So, any and all ideas for cost effective lesson plans and/or
would be welcome.

Thank you!