Re: MS budget $100 for year

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 09:48:01 PDT

Colette, the best prices I've found for paper is from Molly Hawkins. I use their
watercolor paper, and all the sheets that get "mesed up" or left behind I keep
in a box and use them for the base of collages, etc., because it is such good
strong paper. I never throw it away. I use good pulp for handmade paper, the
100% rag that is about $10. I use two blocks of it for all my classes and we
each make one or two small rectangles. Again, anything that doesn't get used I
reconsitute.

I also tried Square One and nobody ordered anything, the prices are far too high
and my kids too poor.

Do you have a local education foundation or arts council that gives grants? I'm
writing one for next year on S./Central America to help me buy weaving yarn.

---