Re: MS budget $100 for year

---------

From: Ann Carolan (acarolan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 08:17:10 PDT

Necessity is the mother of invention
At the beginning of the year, write parents a letter telling them your
predicament and asking for things like yarn scraps, Christmas cards, etc.
I have a list I could send if you'd like to write me back personally.
break up cardboard for 3 D
go to places that may be getting rid of wallpaper samples
        broken mosaic stone,
newspapers end rolls of paper
Use old newspaper for collage
Save old paper and make new paper
Steal copy paper

When I started I had nothing. The first year I begged borrowed and ......
from other teachers. Next year I had a small cupboard and now I've grown
to having a large storage area full of bought and free stuff. I find it a
challenge! And what great recycling principles you can teach. The nuns
used to get paper from businesses , old stationary etc. and use the back,
so I'm used to it. Our kids are so unbelievable spoiled. Think of
countries where they have one chalk board for the whole time they're in
school to write on.

Think positive
ac

acarolan@inland.k12.mi.us