Re: re-hired!!!

---------

From: Ricardo Ramirez (rramirez2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 07:28:47 PDT

Is your school a title I school?

>>> hopkiaar@wcboe.k12.md.us 05/16/03 08:14AM >>>
i am flabbergasted...California, ditching an art program...for
elementary students no less! i never would have guessed...i would
have
thought iowa or something like that.
well...someone needs to stand up...the parents, i hope!

>>> ktickner@byron.k12.ca.us 05/15/03 01:49PM >>>
Hey, all...........Well, nothing like my district waiting until the
last
minute.........I had my pink-slip pulled, and I have a job for next
year!
But, a bittersweet victory, as, I have lost my elementary program (2nd
through 5th gr.), and have been hired only at the Middle School, 6th
-8th
grade, fulltiime. So, as it was difficult going to 4 schools, I will
be
glad to be only at one, with one classroom to take care of, rather
than
4
classrooms!!! But, they will not be replacing the art program or the
music
program at the elementary level, so that is definitely a loss. I fear
whole generation of atrophied-artists to come up the ranks in a few
Why does glory and success always come with pain and a price?
KathyTickner
Excelsior Middle School, Byron CA

---
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu