Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: re-hired!!!

From: Aaron Hopkins (hopkiaar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 06:14:56 PDT

i am flabbergasted...California, ditching an art program...for
elementary students no less! i never would have guessed...i would have
thought iowa or something like that.
well...someone needs to stand up...the parents, i hope!

>>> 05/15/03 01:49PM >>>
Hey, all...........Well, nothing like my district waiting until the
minute.........I had my pink-slip pulled, and I have a job for next
But, a bittersweet victory, as, I have lost my elementary program (2nd
through 5th gr.), and have been hired only at the Middle School, 6th
grade, fulltiime. So, as it was difficult going to 4 schools, I will
glad to be only at one, with one classroom to take care of, rather than
classrooms!!! But, they will not be replacing the art program or the
program at the elementary level, so that is definitely a loss. I fear
whole generation of atrophied-artists to come up the ranks in a few
Why does glory and success always come with pain and a price?
Excelsior Middle School, Byron CA