re-hired!!!

---------

From: Kathy Tickner (ktickner_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 10:49:25 PDT

Hey, all...........Well, nothing like my district waiting until the last
minute.........I had my pink-slip pulled, and I have a job for next year!
But, a bittersweet victory, as, I have lost my elementary program (2nd
through 5th gr.), and have been hired only at the Middle School, 6th -8th
grade, fulltiime. So, as it was difficult going to 4 schools, I will be
glad to be only at one, with one classroom to take care of, rather than 4
classrooms!!! But, they will not be replacing the art program or the music
program at the elementary level, so that is definitely a loss. I fear a
whole generation of atrophied-artists to come up the ranks in a few
Why does glory and success always come with pain and a price?
KathyTickner
Excelsior Middle School, Byron CA

---