Elementary teachers - Kids books to add

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 08:58:03 PDT

Dear Elementary Art Teachers,

Roberta Dunkle sent me some more titles to add to the list I posted. Please
continue to add favorites you have used. This summer I will re-post the
complete list for anyone who missed it. Do let me know if this is a topic
you would like to see added to Incredible Art Department (book titles -
author - with a project idea - grade levels to use). Also include any
reference books you have used to incorporate literature into art. I will
list Mary Ann Kohl's Storybook Art (new release) and the resource I posted
the other day.

From Roberta: All by Jan Greenberg. She is out of St. Louis and has written
several kids books that are worth looking at. Jan Greenberg wrote some
wonderful books on art - the first six are for elementary kids and the last
two would be for MS/HS. I think she has a new one that is on Thomas Hart
Benton - maybe by that name? (does anyone know about this?)

"Chuck Close -Up Close"
"Action Jackson" (Jackson Pollack)
"Romare Bearden - Collage of Memories"
"Runaway Girl - Artist of Louise Bourgeois"
"Vincent Van Gogh"
"Mouse Paint" (pre-K thru first grade)

"Painters Eye"
"Sculptors Eye"

This summer, I would like to add grade level appropriate to all books we
list on the site should there be an interest. Would anyone care to help with
this project? Reply to the list - or offlist (Jdecker@woh.rr.com)

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department