Math-Science-Art Integration - need help - elementary

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 09:16:42 PDT

Dear Elementary Art Educators,

We have a need for math - science and art integration lessons for the
elementary level. This is one of my passions, too. While it is on my mind, I
thought I would get the word out to see if any of you would like to "put
your heads together" over the summer to come up with an "ideas" page for
Incredible Art Department. If any of you have lesson plans with images
already to go -- that would be WONDERFUL!.... No need to send anything now.
Just let me know if you are interested and I will set up a "team" of
"experts" on that topic. There is going to be a whole lot of sharing going
on --- just get back to me the compiled results. ALSO --- Please help
compile a list of books/resources that would be helpful. I know MaryAnn Kohl
has several - MaryAnn, are you "listening"? Pam, you have done work in this
are, too? -Where can they locate your book? Jump in if you have the time.

As needs arise - I will post to the lists - It is easier for to do it while
it is on my mind. I would hate to miss an important topic. If anyone on the
other lists would care to see what I found already on ArtsEdNet
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/ - hit reply and I will forward it your way.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department