Re: Moroles -- Tres Culturas Santa Fe - Robin and all

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 08:27:01 PDT

Dear Mr. Brod,

This summer I will be attending the Tres Culturas workshop with Nancy Walkup in Santa Fe. I owe it all to the connections we made on Getty ArtsEdNet Talk. I have found ArtsEdNet Talk to be an invaluable resource to me. I have communicated with teachers all over the world and gathered so many new ideas to enrich my curriculum. There is nothing in the world like Getty ArtsEdNet Talk -- we have always felt it gave us something "special". I have had numerous staff members ask me if I knew of any resource like it for their area of study. We art teachers would hate to see this resource go. I just wish there was a way I could truly show how much I have appreciated ArtsEdNet Talk.

I am getting so excited about my upcoming summer experience that I am already browsing ArtsEdNet site for ideas to include in my curriculum. I have found many resources where I can make connections. I would hate to see these resources go. I have also seen many additional resources that Nancy Walkup has worked on. I can only imagine the amount of time that must have taken to gather all of that information - and the units are about some of my favorite artists, too.

Here are just a few of the resources I would like to have more time to browse:
Women Artists in the Americas:
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/resources/Maps/Women/index.html
Weaving Granite: The Sculpture of Jesus Moroles:
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/resources/Moroles/index.html
Mexican American Art:
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/resources/Maps/mex.html
Selected American Indian Artifacts:
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/resources/Maps/indian.html
Pueblo Bonito New Mexico:
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/resources/Maps/Sites/Pueblo/index.html
Mexican American Murals
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/resources/Murals/index.html

....and all of this is just the tip of the iceburg of what I value on ArtsEdNet. I frequently browse the list of images for ideas and save those for my presentations to students. I have learned so much and gained so much from the site. Art Educators around the world need ArtsEdNet Web Resources.

Thanks you for your time and dedication to art education.

Sincerely,

Robin Singer

OK Robin -- of course I have no clue what interests you....DO edit what I have written and get it back to me before the end of the month..... I will continue to have fun saving ArtsEdNet in this manner..... I have ten posts to ArtsEdNet Talk in my drafts folder ready to go on what I value -- It will be more fun to show what you folks value --- So just bear with me.....Judy

---