Re: curriculum for math and science - Art Integration

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 07:54:02 PDT

Dear Mr. Brod,

I have recently been assigned to a math and science magnet school. I have been searching ArtsEdNet for quality lesson plans and units to do with my students. This is all so new to me as I was previously a high school art teacher. I have found some very interesting lessons and am hopeful those will still be online as I start this new avenue in my career. Here are some lessons I find particularly helpful:

Art and Ecology:
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/resources/Ecology/index.html
Art & Ecology is both a set of resources for teachers and an online exhibition of contemporary ecological art. I have found some very interesting images to share with my students.
Making Architecture - really fits into my idea of presenting How and Why something works:
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/resources/Arch/welcome.html
Mars Millennium Project is just what I was looking for my unit on Space:
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/resources/Mars/index.html
Space Art Through the Ages will give me lots of resources! I want to insure those are there for my students.
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/resources/Space/index.html
Integrating the Art Disciplines has been a very helpful lesson - do keep that one online for me.
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/resources/Aeia/disc-lp.html
Spaces and Places fits right into our curriculum:
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/resources/Sampler/b.html

These are just a few of the resources I find invaluable - Not to mention the bank of visual resource images that I will share with my students with so many of my lessons.
We have been very appreciative of the service Getty has offered to art education via the ArtsEdNet web site and are hopeful that those resources can remain online. So much work and effort has gone into their creation.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Eileen in Westchester, NY

OK Eileen.... Yes, I did have fun responding to you.....If you have the time --- please edit what I have written and get it back to me with your name - and school information....I just need it before the end of the month. I don't have a clue what lessons you will really use - or which ones will interest you - So do take a look and see what is online for elementary..... and I know you will be needing ArtsEdNet Talk - so be sure to include that. Jdecker@woh.rr.com