Re: curriculum for math and science magnet elementary school

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 06:41:26 PDT

Wow - Looks like we will have to be busy over the summer coming up with math - science - art integration lessons. I am saving your needs and will be talking with folks who have signed up to help come up with ideas for IAD.
A good place to start looking for ideas is Michal Austin's site - she has a picture and brief description of what they did - a good source for ideas. ....and Michal is always willing to answer questions.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/4kids-4teach.htm
Also check the other list member sites:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/4kids-4teach.htm
There are lots of great ideas already out there.

Bunki found some good middle school ideas hunting around on Artsonia one summer -- so that is worth a look, too.
http://www.artsonia.com/

Browse the lesson plans already on IAD, too - Give us some feedback on what you still need then.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/lessons.html

AND --- DO IT NOW! Check out ArtsEdNet. There are some GREAT unit plans on ArtsEdNet:
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/ (I will post soome myself after bit --- too much mail to read right now.)

Judy