Ratemyteachers.com

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 18:31:19 PDT

I just had to visit this site.

I don't think anyone with any common sense would put much value into the
ratings, but then again, we've become a society without much sense.
The first teacher listed at my school is a sub.
So let kids have an outlet for trashing or praising - they do it all the
time in ways that can be much more harmful than this site. There is no
value in this kind of stuff, so pay little attention.

I hope any kid that subscribes to this, is so inundated with Spam, that
maybe he will give second thoughts to the teacher that gives lessons on
recognizing how media manipulates, to the teacher that teaches thinking
constructively and the legitimate steps taken for expressing an objection.

Unfortunately, we teachers bear the brunt of blame for things we shouldn't
be blamed for. We exist in a society that doesn't put much value on the job
we do. But we do it. And, no matter what the reports, we know we do the job
and we know we can't please all the people all the time.

There is nothing to prevent any idiot to post anything to this site
so
maybe a lesson is in order--
I've been thinking that the internet offers an entirely new concept of
graffiti making marks and how do we translate those marks into valid
expressions

I just love when I procrastinate on tangents like this and postpone doing
what I have to do

Patty

---