Re: Biggers and Moroles-Thanks Nancy

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 13:08:45 PDT

>> I hope the Getty will be convinced to leave ArtsEdNet online.

You got it! I hope others do....They are judging by traffic on the site on what and how much to keep -- if any. All of the DBAE stuff I used to refer people to is already gone....Oh it is there in the lesson plans not just the specific "About DBAE" stuff.

When you can, let me know what other materials you worked on and I will at least try to get folks clicking to take a look.

So far I have ten letters to save ArtsEdNet Talk with very little mention of the Web resources. They/Getty don't have the staff to maintain ArtsEdNet....and will be gearing the site more to their collections.

Help me in my "campaign" by sharing what all you worked on. I would hate to see it all go. I intend to give Nick Brod some specific details on what I need on Getty ArtsEdNet Web Site.... I want to tell him how I use/used the lessons to build character development and appreciation/tolerance for world cultures and so much more. Well.... I know I am only talking to you and a few others right now. They/Getty certainly have no intention of adding anything new - no more Talk archives will be added for sure. I am hoping we can generate enough interest to save what is already there. Today I am talking mainly with Getty ArtsEdNetters about this - will refer the other lists to these resources too.

John Biggers is one of my favorite Mural artists:
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/images/Biggers/index.html

Jesus Moroles's sculptures came up in discussion a little while ago. Do you
have these links?
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/resources/Moroles/images/work.html

It has been talking to you today Nancy,

Judy