Biggers and Moroles

---------

From: Nancy Walkup (nwalkup_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 12:42:14 PDT

I'm happy to see that the Biggers and Moroles units on ArtsEdNet are
still available online (so far) since I am so attached to them. I worked
with the ArtsEdNet staff from their inception until their demise and
know of all the hard work and dedication that went into their materials.
 I hope the Getty will be convinced to leave ArtsEdNet online.

Nancy

>>> jdecker@woh.rr.com 05/13/03 02:26PM >>>
Murals are a frequent discussion on our group.

John Biggers is one of my favorite Mural artists:
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/images/Biggers/index.html
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/images/Biggers/gallery1.html
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/images/Biggers/gallery2.html
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/images/Biggers/gallery3.html
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/images/Biggers/gallery4.html

Ann Carolan mentioned how Getty ArtsEDNet was so important for DBAE -
Here
are materials for your lesson on John Biggers:
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/resources/Biggers/index.html
Well...What do you know - DBAE - an area they already have done away
with:
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/About/dbae.html
No wonder I had a hard time finding it the other day....

DBAE links on this page no longer work - Biggers curriculum materials
are
there.
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/resources/Biggers/units.html

I used artists biographies to teach character eduction:
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/resources/Biggers/bio.html

Hmmm...Glad I discovered that my link was wrong on my site. Will have to
fix
that. That's the thing with adding these links - it is so easy to make a
mistake. My apologeis to anyone who hit my broken link. Will fix that
today.

Biggers Resources are important to me and my appreciation of African
American art. What are the Harlem Renaissance resources that you use?

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/