FW: ISC Sculpture Calendar 5/13/2003

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 10:50:42 PDT

List members, you can subscribe to this, and the sites are usually pretty interesting. I edited a little out (to shorten this). enjoy.
jan
-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Jewart [mailto:rjcj@texas.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 12:06 PM
To: ISC Sculpture Calendar; Randy Jewart
Subject: ISC Sculpture Calendar 5/13/2003

International Sculpture Center
Sculpture Calendar
May 13, 2003

Yaroslavl, Russia

A selection of mixed media sculptures and paintings from Frank Williams' on going series "Angels Amongst Us" will open in at the Yaroslavl Artistic Museum on May 15th. Williams' exhibit will be in tandem with an outdoor sculpture exhibit of the museum's collection in their adjoining sculpture garden throughout the summer. Volgskaya Naberizhnaya # 23, Yaroslavl, Russia, 150000
www.frankwilliams.ru

Lakeland, Florida

Chicago sculptor, Bob Emser's work, "Aviatrix," was selected as Best of Show, in the Third Annual Florida Outdoor Sculpture Competition. Juror, Brook Barrie, Executive Director and Curator of the prestigious Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, NJ selected the work from the ten works displayed along Lakeland's Lemon Street.

About the work Emser states, "Aviatrix," is an aviation term that was used to denote a female aviator. The sculpture is my homage to Emelia Earhart, a historic figure that I have always admired and found strength in."
http://www.sculpture.net/community/showthread.php?s= <http://www.sculpture.net/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=319> &threadid=319

Chicago, Illinois

Chicago artist Terrence Karpowicz's granite, steel and stainless steel work, "On the Edge of Awakening," was one of the sculptures chosen for the new Flossmoor Garden & Sculpture Park in the Village of Flossmoor, Illinois.Dedication of the new park will be Sunday, May 18, 2003.
http://www.sculpture.net/community/showthread.php?s= <http://www.sculpture.net/community/showthread.php?s=&postid=805#post805> &postid=805#post805

Briefs

Richard Heinrich has just launched a new website at < www.richardheinrich.com>

Studios Without Walls: Brookline Sculptors at Allandale Farm
http://www.sculpture.net/community/showthread.php?s= <http://www.sculpture.net/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=316> &threadid=316

"big/LITTLE," Jewelers and Sculptors Making it in Metal
http://www.sculpture.net/community/showthread.php?s= <http://www.sculpture.net/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=303> &threadid=303

Inside the ISC

Images and information about Frank Williams, Bob Emser, Terry Karpowicz and Richard Heinrich and hundreds of other sculptors can be found online in ISCs "Portfolio" section of < www.sculpture.org> Portfolio is a FREE member benefit for all ISC members. Even if you have your own website, it's a great way to post your link and get traffic to your own site. Sculpture.Org gets tens of thousands of hits per day. If you are a member and want to get listed contact Georges at <mailto:george@sculpture.org> <george@sculpture.org> If you want to join ISC, you can do so at < www.sculpture.org> or call Sarah at 609 689 1051 x111.

Sculpture Circle members click REPLY to submit sculpture news.

Reach 5000 Sculpture Calendar subscribers by joining ISC at the Professional Circle level or above.

---