World Art Teacher Depend on you!!!

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 07:27:02 PDT

I hope you "GET I"

I am no longer posting my requests to Save ArtsEdNet to the World Group --
so they will have to depend on you. I have seen links to ArtsEdNet around
the globe. I am posting AGAIN because I have had to respond to so many off
list questions - some of you get it finally (smile). Pardon if I yell
(aaaaak) YES we may loose ARTSEDNET Web site:
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/ and all of the resources....Getty wants to
focus more on their collections. They no longer have the staff to manage
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/. The want to know what it is you need on
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/ .....Don't bother Nick Brod now - he doesn't
have time for email. Let Getty know what you need by sending me a LETTER
(email) to Nick Brod....Don't just tell me you need it --I KNOW you need it.
I want to know what it is you need via your letter to NICK BROD. So far
only 8 people need ArtsEdNet....This is what they need.
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/Talk/index.html and
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/resources/index.html and
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/hm/index.html and
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/Search/index.html (Indirectly - I need to
find some specific DBAE aspects to put in MY REPORT).

From my concerned Getty list member posts I know to ADD TO MY REPORT:
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/resources/jacoblawrence/index.htm
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/resources/Skoglund/index.html
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/images/index.html

Include in your letters what specifically you need (and your school
information)..... I have to tell you I can live without ArtsEDNet Talk.... I
will talk with --or - without it... I DO NEED the Web Resources - do YOU?
...and just what do you need? I will click away, too, to let Getty know.
They are placing their decision on site use, too - they monitor the traffic
on the site receives.....Use of the site has dropped. Nothing new has been
added (or will be added)-- Let's at least keep what is there.....If you
don't believe me --- I can look up all of my "conversations" with Nick Brod.
I have posted them to Getty - but some have missed them. Let me remind you,
I am not teaching right now....Could it be that I need ArtsEdNet more than
you? Thanks to the 8 people who sent responses and to all of those who
mailed personal letters on your school letterhead. Nick just won't be able
to reply..... I don't need the letters now -- just by the end of the month.
Now I have a message all written up to send to those who still don't get
it... I will just forward this. I have received numerous question off list -
questions I am happy to answer - even though I have made numerous posts to
the lists...Someone please take the time to read my posts....Post to the
lists what you need so all will help SAVE ARTSEDNET Web Resources.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/