RE: curriculum proposal

---------

From: kerry marquis (kmartist_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 05:53:27 PDT

 I think your ideas are splendid!! I think a lot of it depends on what is budgeted for your department and a lot of that depends on promoting yourself and your department to the people who allocate the money. Check that out and start to make your department and what you do well thought of by the people with the bucks.Kerry Check out my art sites at www.teachart.netTake a free personality test on my site!!http://www.oursites.org/kerrymarquis/--- On Tue 05/13, Diana Gualtieri < artinpa@yahoo.com > wrote:From: Diana Gualtieri [mailto: artinpa@yahoo.com]To: artsednet@lists.getty.eduDate: Tue, 13 May 2003 04:31:07 -0700 (PDT)Subject: curriculum proposal

Hello,I just joined this list serve and I thought I'd see if anyone had any advice for me. . . I work in a middle school that currently serves 950 students in grades 6-8. There are two art teachers here:one full time and one part time (me). I am looking to expand the art program by incorporating electives. I would like to see the art program receive as much respect and attention as the music program in our building. Our music department currently consists of 5 educators that teach music appreciation, music lessons, chorus, band, etc. I am looking to create a program that places art on a similar schedule as music. Offering students electives like ceramics, photography, drawing, etc. The students could take these classes like music lessons or during 8th period, which, at our school, the students can currently take band (and receive a grade for it).Is there any protocol for proposing changes like this in the educational community. This is my first year teaching and I am j
 ust begining to understand all of the administrative processes.I was wondering if there were any similar programs out there. Or if anyone had suggestions/criticisms of this idea. All advice is welcome.Thank you

Do you Yahoo!?The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com