Middle School artists? Cultures? keep on adding

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 20:24:25 PDT

Thanks Middle School teacher for your input so far.....Keep on adding.....I
am sending this so I know which ones Melissa Speelman thinks are important
(so this is mainly for my benefit). I got these from her site (Melissa, I
really need to update the info on my site - must have been a lazy day for me
when I added your link. I didn't say too much). Some of you might have ideas
for these artist you are willing to share over the summer.

http://www2.sycamoreschools.org/jh/Art/speelmanm/links.htm

M.C. Escher - Henri Matisse - Van Gogh - Georgia O'Keeffe - Roy Lichtenstein
Chuck Close - Keith Haring - Chuck Close - Keith Haring - Georges Seurat
Piet Mondrian - Picasso - M.C. Escher - Henri Matisse

Add onto cultures, too:

African art - various cultures; Mayan - Inca/Andean (Pre-Columbina) -
Egypt - Ancient Greece (anyone do a lesson)? - Middle East (anyone do a
lesson? how about Islamic Art?) - ...I have more form you -- and will
compile at the end of this week so you can see what/who other teachers
cover. I know you are flexible and throw in a modern contemporary artist
from time to time too.

Would a page something like Melissa's with a small image link to just one
site be helpful for middle school teachers? What about a photo/self portrait
of each artist? Think about what your needs are and do let me know before
June. What about a page of "ideas" for projects for each artist on our list?
Not complete lesson plnas - just ideas?.....I know I have been rambling on a
lot lately - Just letting you know as these things come to mind. I know you
don't have time to reply now -- so save my post and get to when you can if
you are interested.

Elementary teachers - if you are reading - I will get that complete list out
to you soon.....After I finish Great Sites. Middle School - I'll get your
list out so far by the end of the week.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department