Re: Flex- Wax situation

---------

From: Seapearls Artworks (seapearls__at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 19:21:08 PDT

>poured the plaster ( it was fairly thin). I got too many air

>pockets. Should I cut the seam a different way, instead of

>lengthwise? The sprue was on the top of the fish. Should it be on

>the side? I woulld like to give this another shot.

Plaster tends to be full of holes at the best of times.  I would think the hole at the top would be the best.  In college we had a vibrating machine to help take the bubbles out.  I tend to just tap plaster sculptures for a long time.  Also I found it helped to pour the plaster at an angle the bubbles aren't as bad.

Shar ARndT
teacher and artist

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
Michelangelo

MSN 8 helps ELIMINATE E-MAIL VIRUSES. Get 2 months FREE*. ---