Transferring magazine images to canvas?

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 17:23:01 PDT

I know we had a discussion on this....didn't interest me at the time. One of
my "experts" has asked another list:
Does anyone know how to transfer a magazine image to canvas? Cathy - one of
our "experts" needs help:

This is what I told her:

Getty had a whole thread on this....one way was to put gloss medium to
canvas - put gloss medium on picture --let dry - put gloss medium on picture
and fuse to canvas face down-- let dry then rub the backing off the picture
by running under warm water. Some have also used oil of
wintergreen....lacquer thinner can be used too.

I will have them check my memory.

Judy

If anyone wants to save these archives - you better "speak" up this month. I
don't have anything to "shout" about here. I just spent over half an hour
trying to find an old thread on "transferring images". I know it is there -
but how in the H do I find it?
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/Talk/index.html click away if you want these
to stay.

In two seconds I just found this link:
http://www.liquitex.com/techniques/transfer.cfm
See if this is what works....there is probably more online, too - hopefully
a Getty member saved the thread. This would be a good idea to put on an
"ideas" page - not complete plans - just ideas.

Thanks, Cathy, you played right into my hand.....

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/