Flex- Wax situation

---------

From: Jerry & Mary B (gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 17:01:27 PDT

HI
I need some brainstroming on a problem casting with Flex Wax. I'm trying
something new, since I will have a new 3d class next year(8th gr). I
sculpted a fish out of clay and dipped it in to FlexWax. Cut a seam down
the side and removed clay. I did create a sprue for pouring of plaster.
 I bound the figure back together with string and closed the seam with a
brush and Flex Wax. So far so good, until I poured the plaster ( it was
fairly thin). I got too many air pockets. Should I cut the seam a
different way, instead of lengthwise? The sprue was on the top of the
fish. Should it be on the side? I woulld like to give this another shot.
MaryB

---