Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: HS Photography - digital/chemical

From: Pam Signorelli (psignore_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 12:10:18 PDT

I agree with what Patty has said about the digital vs chemical (below)

I did a lesson with my students where they had to tone a picture using
both chemical toner and scanning the picture to tone it digitally. We
had a critique and they wrote a statement comparing and contrasting
the two processes.

I was very surprised that most of the students prefered the chemical
process. They felt they had more control over the process and liked the
hands-on aspect of it.

in Minnesota