Save ArtsEdNet - this DOES affect you!

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 12:00:43 PDT

Dear Art Educators please read on,

You all owe Getty ArtsEdNet.... I may not have as much time to help you
folks if I have to spend all of my time saving information that I need and
want from the Getty ArtsEdNet site: http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/
If it were not for Getty ArtsEdNet Talk -there would not be:
Judy Decker would not be web master for:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
I could elaborate more - but decided to keep the story short....I have work
to do. I am exploring ArtsEdNet site now to see what all I may loose. Please
all take the time to explore - http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/. I will be
spending time over the next few days just pointing out things I really like
and do not want to miss out on.. Please send your "Save Getty ArtsEdNet" to
me --or the lists. World teachers - I have seen links around the world to
ArtsEdNet -this does affect you too (I just won't be reminding yu as much).
I need your letters of support before the end of the month so I can compile
and get to Nick. Do not flood him with email - that's is my job (smile). You
haven't heard the last on this topic ~ Judy Jdecker@woh.rr.com

From Nick Brod - Getty ArtsEdNet administrator:

Hi Judy. The AEN survery was something we put on our site and we had
about 430 responses but many of them were dud or incomplete and these
will feed into my report with everything else that we are looking at,
such as usage of site, cost of license, relevance to Getty collections,
ease of transfer to the new Getty website design...and so on.

Personal letters are OK. I shan't be able to respond to them however.
The decision on AEN's future will most likely not be taken before the
end of the summer. I will need material by the beginning of June if it
is to make it into the report which will then go upwards in July.

You can send me anything in attachment.

Thanks for your help.

Nick

Judy Decker - Ohio