Re: New X-men movie

---------

From: Ricardo Ramirez (rramirez2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 09:23:52 PDT

I have lesson plans, rubrics and photos of the students' superheroes
artworks and papers. The students started with a profile sheet which
included a normal name like Michael Burns and the super hero name like
Pyro.
The students needed to than brainstorm at least five super
powers...these could also included the super hero's weakness. A costume
description is necessary.
The students than had to provide a time frame, place, plot ( how they
received his or her powers briefly scribbled on the paper. I had the
students fold a piece of typing paper into three parts and label at the
top...name, powers & costume description, and setting.

From the profile sheet the students drew a front view, side view and
back view of his or her super hero.....some students did local heroes
such as firemen, doctors, nurses, parents, teachers, etc. These
students had to brainstorm at least 5 duties that the kids admired about
them. ( We did gesture drawings in class to learn proportion...the
students drew each other in 30 second to 1 minute drawings) They also
used the profile sheets to write a one to two page story about their
super hero.... We than scheduled two days in the computer lab to type
the papers and scan their drawings onto the paper using computer
graphics such as word art, etc to make it look better....you can have
the students design a cover of a comic book for his or her hero if you
want. This is probably better at the end of the lesson because the
students constantly are trying to change their heroes.
The students then learned how to take a 2-d drawing and turn into a 3-d
sculpture by exploring the properties of clay. During this lesson
vocabulary words were given and a test was taken.
    I plan to have this information with a few other lessons to Judy
for Display...my students did some awesome screamers that I would like
to share with you all!>>> jayna_99@yahoo.com 05/12/03 10:29AM >>>
Has anyone seen this new movie? My husband and I saw it yesterday, and
the wheels started turning. I've been thinking about comic books, maybe
kids inventing a "mutant", what if they were a mutant, what would their
power be, and what would their fatal flaw be?Has anyone done anything
like this?Good movie, by the way. Jayna

Jayna Huffines <jayna_99@yahoo.com> wrote:

I want to talk about this, so this is a reminder for me (and you guys)
to remind me to start a thread about it tomorrow! OK? Yeah, I'm tired...
Jayna