Re: reduce stress - firing woes

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 08:17:55 PDT

Thanks Gelato,

This reminds me of a time when I overfired some beautiful ceramics. The
projects melted!!! I took all of the students whose projects got ruined and
we went outside as far away from the building as we could get --- and
screamed at the tops of our lungs! It sure helped me. I spent many hours
after school with studenst who wanted to remake their projects. The whole
experience was so upsetting to me that I never did that particular unit
again. We did effigies inspired by ceramics of ancient Iran. Anyone
interested in some slides if I can find them? I did effigies since - just
not the Middle Eastern unit. I did show some Iranian interent images the
last time I did Native American/pre-Columbian - just wasn't worth the time
to find the slides though. If you want my slides - send off list so I know
if that is something I should look up. Once the emphasis in technology
came - I lost interest in organizing my slides. Just didn't have the time to
do both. Don't know how all of you did it.

Judy

P.S for Gelato - was it something sort of shaped like an odd banana or
cucumber? I had a high school boy who thought that kind of shape would
bother me - he made it in clay. Of course I didn't save it. I didn't make an
issue of it - just reclaimed it with out a word to him.