HIgh School Silkscreen info - do you want a plan?

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 07:27:08 PDT

Dear high school printing teachers:

Look this over and get back me sometime before summer if you would like to
see a lesson plan on IAD....most of you are just looking for "ideas" so
maybe a plan is not necessary. (reply to Jdecker@woh.rr.com) I have this
info saved to file if you don't have time to save it now.

From Susan Galos:

I have been using a film that is sensitized through a thermofax - I
purchased it and the thermofax through Nasco - the product is really easy to
use and requires only a water based ink. The image needs to be a photo copy
; ink jet or lazer print ( always black and white).. colour separations are
possible also. Nasco also sells a plastic frame to put the film into to use
as a screen . I will get the product details on Monday ... the stuff is all
at school. the only limitation I have found so far is size: 8 1/2 x 11 is
the largest frame I could get. more details on Monday

Supplier: Nasco Arts & Crafts; Fort Atkinson
1 800 558 9595
The initial oulay requires a Thermal Imager item # Z13695 -
$1564.30(expensive - unless you can find one in your system, any belt type
thermal copier/transparency maker will work - my principal paid for mine -
trade for doing T-shirts ect. for the school)
You need plastic frames # 9703241, a thermal screen roll # 6200121 $256.65
(24 yards - I use up a roll every 3 or 4 classes of 30 kids doing 8 1/2X11
or 4X5 pieces )and squeegees ... double sided tape is nice but not
necessary.
 You make a photocopy of any image; a print will work too ( the imager
reacts with the carbon in the zerox or print), and put it under a piece of
the thermal screen, run it through the imager and fasten the newly made
screen into a frame and print. the screens are good for several hundred
prints. I always use water based screen ink or acrylic paint modified with a
medium

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department