Re: How do you reduce stress?

---------

From: kcaraway (kcaraway_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 11 2003 - 20:34:26 PDT

Charlotte-- A banjo sister!!!! And my children have started to howl, too. My husband just discreetly closes whatever door is between him and me. (He thinks I don't notice.)

For mother's day I got a coupon book for various treats and services--hugs, etc. My favorite is a coupon good for three banjo-playing sessions in which I don't have to go outside! Steve Martin used to have to go practice in an old car when he was learning.

When I am playing banjo I'm not a teacher, not a mom, I don't have to have the right answers, and no one is expecting very much from me. (That's an understatement!) It's just fun. So you keep those fingernails short and that banjo tuned, sister!

Will write offlist--maybe we can start a "misunderstood-banjo-playing-art-teachers-who-don't-get-no-respect" listserv, eh?. Ha! Karla