Re: Seeking advice on packing for move to a different building

---------

From: Becky Thornton (artswim_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 11 2003 - 16:26:49 PDT

DEar Irene,
I had to move 14 1/2 years ago. I had 13 1/2 years of stuff! We moved in
Decemeber. they said the custodians would put it in our room...however, to
make sure it got to our actual room, most of us had loved ones help take it
over. Fortunately for me, my hubby owned a plant nursery and landscape
business and he had the guys haul my stuff in our truck! However, it all
did have to be packed! At the time, my kids were 4, 6, 8 and 11! So,
daycare had to be figured in! I had to pack all day! Then, since it was
the middle of the year...trying to unpack and find things and still have the
building look new when the school board and all of the other guests came by!
What a nightmare! It took years to find everything..(or else I forgot i had
it! :-) Good luck.
This is my 28th year! My husband begs me to leave everything that is
mine.that is at school , there when I finally retire! :-) LOL
Becky T