Re: How do you reduce stress?

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 11 2003 - 12:35:26 PDT

Dennis Golombek wrote:

> I paste photos of my "favorite" students on golf balls and take them
> to the golf course. I've been hitting the ball much farther since I
> started this process. It's a bit of a problem when we get 7-foot
> snowfalls but I persevere.

This reminded me of doing chest flies with dumbbells in the weight room;
I named them John and Frank, after the malevalent superintendent and
business manager. I would really CLANG those suckers together overhead,
and when I thought I couldn't do any more, would yell their names out
loud. The kids in there thought I was nuts--they're only just figuring
that out?!--but it worked.

Maggie

---