Don't stop Judy!!!!!

---------

From: Deborah Gilbert (dngart1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 11 2003 - 04:40:25 PDT

on 5/11/03 7:00 AM, ArtsEdNet Talk digest at artsednet@lists.getty.edu
wrote:

> Just so you know where I am coming from....I have had off list mail requests
> to quit posting to the list (s). I have asked what is important to them, but
> got no reply. I don't want anyone else to unsubscribe because of me! How
> ironic! Ken Rohrer told me not to worry about it....My husband told me to
> just quit doing it all. I will choose to keep doing it for those who
> appreciate it ---I know there are many of you out there

I am sitting here in Denver, watching all of history fly in front of my eyes
on this list. The country is swinging towards not valuing the arts -
schools are cutting teachers, schools are closing.. etc. And there you are
Judy, like a flag raised above the battlecry -

Here we are! the Arts are more important than you people can even imagine!
Do you understand what will be lost if we stop recording the passage of
history!?!

Don't give up, Judy! Stand against the passage of time and politics,
knowing that your job is most important and we are standing behind you to
hold you upright during the rage of battle!!!!

Deborah in Colorado

---