RE: HS Photography - digital/chemical

---------

From: LogoHouse.com (gmosborne_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 11 2003 - 09:30:28 PDT

I agree, Darkroom Photography is still needed. It is an Art in itself.

But, as schools see it, from a cost perspective. Digital, in the long
run, is much cheaper.
Chemicals must be replaced on a regular basis. Depending on the number
of students, that could be significant.
Disposal of, and the cost to dispose of, the used chemicals is also
becoming an issue.
Photo paper can also be expensive.
Digitally, Nearly all work is done on computer via software. Even basic
software will give you basic control of pictures.
There is no disposal, or replacement of pics, load up some paper in your
printer and print.
Even management of the "darkroom" is becoming an issue.