Toot - Toot- for Matthew

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 18:42:08 PDT

I have my own horn to toot-toot now. Many have you have asked me how Matthew
is doing (my son). Folks remembered he went through a tough time last year
(our whole family did)-- All ended fine. He was valedictorian of the senior
class, "Elks Student of the Year" and is going to Ohio University on almost
full scholarship (full tuition -- plus several others to help with room and
board). Well....He is home this weekend.. I went down to get him Friday. He
received the top student award in his department - mechanical engineering -
got a nice plaque and $25.00 (not a whole lot of cash - but it is
something). At one time he thought he wanted to go into education to teach
science -- but now he is looking for a career where he will earn some $$$.

And folks who are still reading can have a chuckle....my mind was so
cluttered with what I wanted to include in the Incredible Art Department
Survey (going out in June) that I missed my turn off to 33 E in Columbus and
ended going clear out of my way circling around Columbus...."Going Out of My
Head Over You"....sing along now. Ann and Sandy know Columbus so know what I
mean -- I did finally figure out how to get back on track....but you know -
there are no gas stations off the side of the road. Wasn't any big deal -- I
only ended up getting there about 1/2 and hour late.

When you have some time, do share your good news about yourself - your
program and your accomplishments - whatever - I am all ears. I won't brag
to the list anymore -- just this one time (oh, I might throw in a P.S. every
now and then - you know me). I certainly have enjoyed watching Woody's
triplet granbabies growing up.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department