Teaching the same lesson

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 14:42:05 PDT

May is a time to be rushed with a big art exhibit going up in a week.
Somewhere between 400 to 500 pieces of art going up for a week.
I'm cutting corners by teaching the same lesson to more than
one grade level at a time. Of course the real reason is that I retire
in 21 days and it won't really hurt next year. My replacement has been
hired and has even been working with the kids a couple of days. She
will be a great teacher. She gets along well with the students and
it's good I have time to go over stuff with her before I depart. I've
also cut corners by teaching the same artist of the week to all three
grades. Right now we just finished Chinese Calligraphy. Our fine arts
festival has a multicultural theme this year so it fits in well. Also,
we have a Chinese acrobats coming in that week and we will display
some of our calligraphy in the gym where they perform. I just hope it's
readable and we didn't make any embarrassing mistakes.
                                                Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
in powerpoint format, on one CD $15