How rude to tell someone not to post to the listserv they belong to... If you don't want to read it, delete it.

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 12:55:43 PDT

Hi all,
I would hate to see people stop posting to the list, we will all be losing a great resource. Do not let negative posts stop you from doing what we I for one value tremendously.
If a particular person(s) does not want to read certain emails they can simply use the little delete button and there it goes !!!

I often skip over certain threads because they do not interest me or my brain is just on overload.

PLEASE.... all that contribute keep doing so. There are MANY MANY people who appreciate the information and the chuckles.
(I laughed out loud at the banjo and howling dogs post that someone shared !!)

Positivity is what we all need and come here for. Also a place to vent.
It all comes with the territory of a LISTSERV.
I am publicly thanking all who share and vent and giggle with this group. I also thank those who behave rudely, they teach me what not to do, and how to chose words carefully that will be in cyberspace for a long time.

I really hope all of you reading this will let the Getty folks know what a valuable resource Artsednet and also ArtsEdNet talk are to arts educators.
There is so much we have to pay out of pocket for, it is nice to see a free resource that is so well done. Sharing what we know is such an incredible thing to do. We all learn from the knowledge base, and experiences of others.
I hope this list continues for a long long time.
The daily contact with other professionals experiencing similar highs and lows helps me to feel that I am not out there alone,stressing and jumping for joy, and staying up late researching lessons, and saying "yes" and then trying to figure out how in the world I am going to pull it off !!!

Thank you list, thank you Getty for allowing us to all reach out and touch each other.
(even if once and a while that touch feels like a sting)
Sincerely hoping this list will remain, and thankful for it and you all :)

Christine Besack :)
forever with my glass half full :)

---