Re: band director retiring - need more fun ideas!

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 10:14:14 PDT

Thanks so much Jean!

I tried searching the Getty archives month by month and found a few ideas on
a retirement letter and sent those to Jeannie.
Please continue to post good ideas for Jeannie! She has a lot to handle
right now.

I had an idea for a retirement breakfast - but it would take some doing to
pull it off if you don't have a strong home-ec department. We had a
"breakfast of champions". Had cereal boxes with the pictures of those
retiring. Plus the usual balloon bouquets to make it more festive. Everyone
brought in something to share for the breakfast - some volunteered to
provide the paper goods while others the juice. It was a lot of fun! We gave
them some fun going away gifts then (more gag type things - that I can't
recall right now) and gave them their REAL gift at a dessert Open House (on
a Sunday after noon). Our "real" gift" was a crystal apple (about 2 1/2"
size with wood base) with their name and congratulations for years of
service etc engraved on a plaque ---plus a $50.00 (I think) gift certificate
to a store of their choice (we contacted family members in order to know
what store to choose).

Please post more fun ideas to the list -- or send to Jeannie
jensando@yahoo.com The band director really has a sense of humor -- and
plays the drums.

Have a sensational Saturday!

Judy - Ohio